This past weekend was Labor Day. I was able to work on Saturday and take a day trip Sunday to Indianapolis. It was really a good mini-vacation. Sunday morning, my bags were packed and then I met up with a good girl friend of mine. We went on a walk. Upon finishing our walk, she helped me finish a project of encouragement for a friend of mine. She provided perspective and great company. I must confess “Week 2” has been full of awesome discoveries!
Observations/discoveries of this week: 1. Earth Fare soups are excellent! I tried the Chicken Chili and my girl friend bought the Kale soup. The price was decent and I felt satisfied afterwards.
2. I branched out and tried a new smoothie. Evolution Fresh Apple Berry is delicious. I have seen this at the grocery stores. It was a healthier snack than others I could have chosen. Definitely recommend trying one.
3. I am starting to make smarter food choices. This morning I was out getting some projects done before heading to work. I knew I needed to eat breakfast, but simply had no time to make something. Duncan Donuts was on my way to work so I stopped by and for $1.18 I bought a Egg White Flatbread. It was a healthy option which gave my body necessary fuel. I knew I would have crashed, if I didn’t fuel my body.
4. I am working out with more intention. It makes so much of a difference working out with specific goals in mind. My mom and I both have been trying to get in the habit of eating better and working out. While on Pinterest the other day, I was able to find a leg work out. The first day upon completing this rigorous list, my legs were hurting! This week I successfully completed the cycle once and I felt great!
5. I set and met my goals! I set a goal to be able to run without stopping to a certain point on a usual route. I have had trouble and have been making excuses for myself along the way and I finally said enough! I finally did it! I ran 0.7 miles and walked back. I felt decent without over extending myself.
6. I found water in a box! Check this out:
On my way back home, I stopped and ate dinner with my cousins. Both of them attend Ball State. We decided to eat at their Atrium food court. I found this little gem and thought it was worth a try.
All in all, I am satisfied with my progress. I am finding a balance between strengthening my body, working on endurance and keeping my heart strong, and eating a more balanced diet. I hope into this next week, I can maintain this steady momentum.
Week 2: height 4’8″; weight 102.5
Reminders: 1. Don’t let your head get in the way of your goals. Stop being a mental case and remember “YOU CAN DO IT!”
2. Working out, eating lunch and being in community with supportive friends helps tremendously in a persons over all health and well-being.
3. Chin up! Don’t get discouraged if you have an off day. Keep on pushing little engine!
Stay tuned….more discoveries to come I am sure…