This weekend I had a conversation with a new health coaching client for our first session. She was very knowledgeable, but had some common misconceptions. Through this conversation I started to think, what does healthy mean to each individual person?
Here are a couple of questions I have for you: What does healthy mean to you? Do you feel like you are at your optimum level of health? Do you know the barriers that are keeping you healthy?
Each person has a different view of healthy. It depends on your knowledge and your interest. It also depends on your current health status. Every person’s optimal level of health is DIFFERENT. The important thing for you is figuring out what your optimal level of health is, what is holding you back from it, and how you are going to get there.
During this health awareness week, I have a few key things I want you to look at.
1. First off, ask yourself the questions above.
2. Have you had your yearly physical? Have you had your blood work drawn in the last year?
3. Are you up to date on all your vaccines?
4. Are you up to date on all your cancer screenings?
5. Are you drinking enough water throughout the day?
6. Are you active at least 30 minutes out of the day? If not, are you making steps to be active for at least 30 minutes out of the day?
7. What excuses are keeping you from living healthy?
8. Are you eating 3-4 servings of fruit AND 3-4 servings of vegetables a day?
These questions are great steps in getting to your optimum level of health.
Have a happy, healthy week!